Times, Terms & Pricing:
- Dates: Saturday, July 30 & Sunday, July 31, 2011.
- Doors open at 8:30 am daily.
- 2-day Full Clinic Resident price is $575.00. Early Bird rate until July 1: $500.00
- 2-day Commuter Rate with meals is $495.00. Early Bird rate until July 1: $430.00
- Single Commuter days with meals: Saturday @ $275.00 & Sunday @ $250.00
- Click "More Information" for separate lodging fees, guest room and board rates, and (10) NYC sightseeing links.
- Payment terms: Cash, check, or credit card. We accept all credit cards.
- All Clinic Instructors, Participants, and Students must carry a St Johns's ID, called a "StormCard," to attend this event. See More information.
- Register Now
- Classes are offered in Scruggs, Old Time/ Clawhammer, and Melodic-style banjo.
- Saturday morning jam session classes will be offered in bluegrass and old time styles. Students from Metro Banjo and Gotham Acoustic be combined giving all students jam experience with banjos, guitars, mandolins, and fiddles.
- Instructional sessions range from one hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half each.
- What will you need? Bring a 5-string banjo, picks, capo, strings, a wire music stand, writing material, and a lot of questions.
(We highly recommend electronic tuners.)
- Depending on schedule, private lessons will again be available both days with the instructor of your choice.
- You are free to record and/ or video your clinic classes.
Levels of instruction:
- Novice: Start from the ground up. No experience.
- Beginner: Limited experience. May know a few tunes, primary chords, and rolls.
- Intermediate: Experienced. Possibly in a band, can jam, understands the basics. Seeks more consistent sound and timing. May have trouble finding the melody.
- Advanced: Serious players. Can play up to speed without sacrificing technique, tone, or clarity. Ready for new ideas and an individual style. Seeking a professional sound.
As we respond to all email clinic inquiries, if you email us and do not receive a response, please call. Thank you.Return to Top